Peace and Conflict Resolution was founded in Bukavu, South-Kivu by Samuel Muderhwa, Mrs. Faida and Dr. David Silvera (Mediator) in 2004 and been registered in D.R.Congo in 2006. Mrs. Faida and Samuel They both completed the high diploma from the school of Mediation in Nairobi in 2006. This challenged them to continue to expand the vision of PCR. The people of Eastern D.R.Congo have passed through unimaginable chaos caused by the wars that have taken place in the region. PCR is a humanitarian organization and not a political one. Its aims to create peace and reconciliation, to bring broken families together, to give vulnerable children hope, and encourage women who have been affected by the war. PCR activities focus on education to nurture and promote responsible decision making and problem solving skills.
PCR is focused on resolving conflict at community level. We strive to establish a society where people and communities are empowered with the skills to overcome conflict and take charge of their destiny. PCR is currently based in South-Kivu but envisages reaching other areas in our country in the future.
· We are committed to reduce and break the cycle of violence and poverty that continues to fuel local community conflict.
· We are committed to promote a culture that nurtures peaceful relations at grass roots level.
· We believe in the importance of collaboration and aim to build strong networks with partner organizations who share in our vision of peace building and providing humanitarian support
· Equipping the generation to come with the leadership capacities and peace building skills necessary to end the cycle of violence.
TO HAVE A PURE WATER IN OUR AREA IS HARD AND CHILDREN AND WOMEN ARE SO SUFFERING
PCR Foundation has now a small Office in Central town,
4 PILLARS OF PCR Foundation
keys pillars with difference activities we are focusing in. and our
activities are in 2 slums and 4 villages areas.
1. PEACE EDUCATION:
- Training, Trauma Rehabilitation, Mobilization, Social Therapy.
2. BASIC HEALTH:
- protection of pregnant Vulnerable women and newborn, Malnutrition,
Hygiene and mobilization
3. DINAH/ for young single Mothers and displaced widows:
- Entrepreneurship programs and handcrafts, land support for groups
displaced who living in Villages closed to Bukavu Town, support for
young single mother under 25 years old and Educational program for
them, a program of Agriculture support
- for vulnerable Children; displaced, who was born from sexually
abused and victims, street Child, survivors of war, Children from
slums and villages.
- sponsorship in University that have English program, for Vulnerable
youths, mean to send them to study abroad in Kenya, Uganda,
South-Africa or other Countries that teach in English, as is the big
opportunity for them to be have a job, because majority of
INTERNATIONAL NGOs in the Country are from Speaking English Countries.
South Kivu Bukavu in D.R.Congo and the lac into town called Lac Kivu
We are the Peace and Conflict Resolution project, reliable Persons who have the hearts of conciliate people with good will and determination of building peacefully means throughout our country and bring people living together with no violence.